United States, Ohio, Strongsville
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft.
As a leading paint & coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Our Marine Coatings Business Unit is the technology leader in fouling control and coatings that are abrasion, chemical and impact resistant, for vessels being built, repaired or maintained. We are a global market leading brand of International® with innovative technologies, a global service network and sustainability credentials.
The individual in this position works in the maintenance department to plan and schedule work for the facility using their own talents or outside expertise. This work includes, but is not limited to, the repair and maintenance work as well as the preventative maintenance and installation work. This individual also uses and updates the maintenance system in their day to day work
· Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE Meetings, BBS Observer, HS&E Training, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.)
· Lead the Maintenance Department by planning, scheduling and performing work—this includes daily work orders as well as scheduled preventative maintenance work. Maintain the set goals for preventative maintenance compliance achievement with minimum disturbance to the plant production schedule. Work closely with production and scheduling departments to fulfil this responsibility.
· Maintain the necessary inventory of spare parts and critical equipment to support the smooth functioning of routine activities and address emergency work. Order parts on a regular and as needed basis
· Contact and work (as needed) with external contractors to complete the onsite repair/maintenance related work. This includes Safety related work and capital projects.
· Record all the work done to support and maintain the CMMS—Megamation. Work with external contractors to schedule their onsite work.
· Attend the daily production meeting and act as a communication link between the maintenance and other departments
· Attend Monthly/Yearly Management Review Meetings and present needed information in a concise manner.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· High school diploma, or equivalent, with 7 years Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have good mechanical and electrical skills.
· Must understand the interdependency of maintenance and production teams to effectively plan and schedule maintenance work.
· Must be able to lead a process by setting examples and establishing standards and procedures.
· Must have the ability to effectively organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, customers and representatives from external organizations.
· Must have strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· Standing for periods of time, sitting, working on a computer, walking, writing, kneeling, crouching and climbing stairs
· Good Hearing
· Good vision, including peripheral vision and depth perception
· Work at ease from elevated platforms and access stairways
· Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 Lbs or up to 100 Lbs with assistance
· Ability to recognize indicated temperature and pressure to maintain safe operations
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.