United States, Pennsylvania, Flying Hills
Business unit: Powder Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
- Undertake R&D and customer projects including sample preparation, testing, and evaluation of powder coated parts to meet specific project requirements.
- Follow detailed specifications and instructions to accelerated and physical ISO 17025 guidelines.
- Provide customer assistance including, where appropriate, visits to customer facilities or customer visits to AkzoNobel.
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot the equipment used within the lab.
- Promote the quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and procedures.
- Promote health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Daily completion of log sheets and data entry into multiple databases.
- Perform physical testing on samples of various sizes and shapes. (Average of 4-5 hours per day of lab work)
- Restock areas of the lab which include moving 55 gallon drums of solution, lifting 50lb bags of salt, and various other items.
- Attend and participates in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participates in the Powder Safety Journey. Adheres to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behavior are unsafe.
- Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
December 31, 2099
Support & Incremental Development
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma required with several years of college level chemistry coursework.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment and/or understanding of powder coatings chemistries and raw materials, powder application, and powder manufacturing preferred.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of working independently or in a team as directed by the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and/or multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to complete requests in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information to colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).