United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
BASIC PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for operating mixing machines to blend solid and liquid ingredients to make products following specific formulations.
- Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HSE training, Near Miss & IRS reporting, PSM, ALPS, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.) 15%
- Operates all mixing machinery in the manufacturing department including Wisperser/Disperser/Small Batch control panels from batch ticket instructions. 70%
- Clean equipment and work area as assigned. 10%
- Other duties as assigned 5%
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in manufacturing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Basic understanding of computer applications and internet
Working conditions will consist of a paint factory environment that has the potential of exposure to hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, heat and noise (ranges 75db to 85db). The job entails intimate interaction with high speed, moving, heated and cooled equipment. Several pinch-points exist. There is a high volume of start and stop forklift traffic. It is an indoor job in a semi-air conditioned building, largely protected from outside weather conditions.
Physical requirements are standing for periods of time, sitting, working on a computer, walking, writing, kneeling, crouching and climbing stairs. The employee must have good hearing and good vision, including peripheral vision and depth perception, to determine proper fit and operation of parts and equipment and product cleanliness to eliminate sources of product contamination in the clean up process. The employee must also be able to perform the following tasks:
PROBLEM SOLVING AND ANALYSIS:
- Identify hazards or unsafe conditions
- Determines if equipment is acceptable to begin manufacturing
- Ensure manufacturing standards are met via batch ticket instructions
Employee is expected to uphold Company Values and Behaviors:
- Customer Focused: We build successful partnerships with our customers
- Deliver on Commitments: We do what we say we will do
- Passion for Excellence: We strive to be the best in everything we do, every day
- Winning Together: We develop, share and use our personal strengths to win as a team
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).