United States, Pennsylvania, Flying Hills
Business unit: Powder Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Powder Coatings Business Unit is the largest global manufacturer of powder coatings—solvent-free paints applied to metal and other conductive surfaces—and a world leader in powder coatings technology. Interpon® is our Powder Coating's business' global brand, with a wide manufacturing base. Our product and technology development capabilities are strong, and we possess manufacturing expertise in the areas of cost and speed.
Under direct guidance, position is responsible for product and process development. Position must constructively interact with all other U.S. and worldwide personnel to facilitate a well-run organization.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
- Undertakes R&D development projects including powder preparation, spraying, testing, and evaluation of powder coatings to meet specific project requirements.
- Under direct guidance, formulates standard powder coatings technologies within product platforms.
- Provides customer assistance including, where appropriate, visits to customer facilities or customer visits to AkzoNobel.
- Supervises and trouble-shoots the production of products in manufacturing.
- Promotes the quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and procedures.
- Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Completes laboratory notebooks, technology/formulation databases, formula cards, and technical graphs, tables, and reports.
- Writes customer visit reports and other R&D reports.
- Attends and participates in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participates in the Powder Safety Journey. Adheres to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
- Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
December 31, 2099
Support & Incremental Development
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma required with several years of college level chemistry coursework.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment and/or understanding of powder coatings chemistries and raw materials, powder application, and powder manufacturing preferred.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of working independently or in a team as directed by the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and/or multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to complete requests in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information to colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).