United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
This position is responsible for all receiving and shipping operations of raw materials as well as finish products at the Houston facility.
- Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Housekeeping, 5S). Also follow regulatory shipping requirements such as DOT, DHS, TSCA and CT-PAT. 15%
- Receive in-coming raw material and ship out-going finish goods. This includes waste management in the accumulation area. 50%
- Follow and execute operational procedures – activities such as verification of incoming & outgoing shipments, identification & disposition of returned material, damaged material or obsolete material. 10%
- Conduct cycle counting of warehouse inventory. 10%
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand procedures
- Ability to effectively organize
- Familiarity of computers
- Forklift certified
Employee is expected perform these company success factors:
- Focusing on our Customer’s Future First - - Delight our customers.
- Embracing Entrepreneurial Thinking - - Deliver results.
- Developing Talents - - Develop Yourself.
- Courage and Curiosity to Question - - Dare to improve.
- Integrity & Responsibility in our Actions - - Demonstrate integrity.
Working conditions will consist of a paint factory environment that has the potential of exposure to hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, heat and noise (ranges 75db to 85db). The job entails intimate interaction with high speed, moving, heated and cooled equipment. Several pinch-points exist. The employee will regularly have to work around moving forklifts, coating factory equipment (such as mixing equipment, pumps, filling equipment, etc.). It is an indoor job in a semi-air-conditioned building, largely protected from outside weather conditions.
Physical requirements are standing for periods of time, sitting, working on a computer, walking, writing, kneeling, crouching and climbing stairs. The employee must have good hearing and good vision, including peripheral vision and depth perception, to determine proper fit and operation of parts and equipment and product cleanliness to eliminate sources of product contamination in the clean up process. The employee must also be able to perform the following tasks:
- Ability to work at ease from elevated platforms and access stairways.
- Occasionally lifting or moving objects up to 50 Lbs or up to 100 Lbs with assistance.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as Lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, will be provided to the employee and will be mandatory to wear in accordance with the department PPE hazard assessment. The employee will be responsible for ensuring the PPE is in operating condition.
- Ability to recognize indicated temperature and pressure to maintain safe operations and protect personnel, equipment and products from harm.
- Ability to work safely and at ease while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including: respiratory protection, gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection, aprons, face shields and etc.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).