United States, Pennsylvania, Reading
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Manage site Production Plans, inventory levels, and safety stock levels. Ensure SAP Production related data integrity (Process orders, STOs, Customer orders and Quotes). Manage Stock Transfer orders to replenish distribution sites.
- Review make to order Planned orders to ensure appropriate production quantities and manufacturing dates using historical, forecast and customer order data
- Review make to stock Planned orders to ensure adequate inventory levels to attain company objectives in regards to service levels (OTIF), stock rotation and working capital levels (DIO)
- Create process orders for US sites based upon demands, forecast & inventory levels as needed
- Balance production to meet customer requirements and predetermined volume allocation between US Plants
- Ensure the appropriate weekly/monthly replenishment plans are implemented for warehouses to balance customer demand with business constraints.
- Monitor inventory levels with appropriate tools to prevent stock outs, respond to stock lows immediately, ensure manufacturing plans anticipate warehouse needs.
- Communicate with plants on a daily basis to set priorities or answer questions on current manufacturing runs
- Review production plans 2 weeks prior to actual manufacturing dates to validate that real requirements for MTS and MTO are reflected in a firm production plan
- Work daily with Customer Service, the Plants and Supply and Demand Analyst to maintain accuracy in SAP
- Review weekly plant schedules to identify late orders due to overcapacity situations, raw material shortages and quality concerns
- Communicate with the Sales Department concerning product delivery concerns or forecast changes
- Review and maintain all safety stock levels using historical and forecast data on a monthly basis
- Review and enter purchase orders for Toll manufacturers
- Review the supply plan on a weekly basis for key customers (Mubea, Lippert, Haworth, Midmark)
- Prepare weekly stock low/stock out lists by plant
- Prepare weekly plant status report that includes the carryover (backlog) and future 2 weeks production plan
- Review aging stock and work with Sales/Customer Service, Plants, etc. for final disposition to meet stock level targets
- Participate in cross-functional teams (ie. Aged inventory, OTIF improvements, INFOR implementation, cross plant material transfers for balancing production)
- Participate in the S&OP Process and monthly meetings
- Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
- Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Minimum 3 years Powder Coatings production, planning or supply chain experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area preferred
- Micro Soft Office Tools (Excel/Word/Outlook) experience
- SAP experience
- Production flow and capacity experience
- Forecasting and Safety Stock experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- General knowledge of stock rotation and inventory turns
- Working capital concepts (DIO) and Service Level (OTIF) experience
- General knowledge of raw material and procurement processes
- Ability to analyze historical data and forecast information
Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization