United States, Texas, Corpus Christi
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Our Marine Coatings Business Unit is the technology leader in fouling control and coatings that are abrasion, chemical and impact resistant, for vessels being built, repaired or maintained. We are a global market leading brand of International® with innovative technologies, a global service network and sustainability credentials.
The Account Representative is responsible for the selling or influencing others, establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, obtain and analyze information, the ability to make good decisions and solve customer related problems. Will be responsible for their defined geography and business targets, including sales numbers, margins and expenses. The customer base includes, but is not limited to Engineers, Contractors, Owners and Fabricators involved in the corrosion protection of steel for both the new construction and maintenance markets.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services
- Quote prices, credit terms and other bid specifications
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems
- Developing customer relations and technical service coordination
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations
- Working with Supply Team on service
December 31, 2099
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School Graduate or GED
- 5-7 years sales experience
- Knowledge & experience with coatings industry
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Good computer skills including customer relationship management CRM software, internal database, electronic mail software, presentation software (PowerPoint), Spreadsheet software (Excel), word processing software (Microsoft Word)
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)