United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: ISC Center of Excellence
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
About AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals is world leader in the production of essential chemistry with operations in 80 countries and over 10,000 employees. We invest approximately $120 million in RD&I every year, are #1 or #2 in 80% of our market segments, and we are ranked #1 in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Here in North America, we have nearly 2,000 employees across 22 production, research and office sites, including the world’s largest fatty amines facility, located in Morris, IL. We are dedicated to providing industries worldwide with the materials they need to manufacture everyday essentials such as paper, plastics, detergents, personal care and hair styling products, as well as key ingredients for the construction, oil and gas, agricultural, mining and pharmaceutical sectors. Building on our long-standing commitment to safety, sustainability and open innovation, we have established a world-class business built on strong partnerships with our customers. The global headquarters for two of our core businesses – Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry – are located in Chicago, and the region as a whole accounts for approximately one quarter of Specialty Chemicals’ annual worldwide revenue. For more information visit www.akzonobel.com/
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals- has an outstanding opportunity for an Operational Excellence Expert, Maintenance as the company is implementing ALPS (AkzoNobel Leading Performance System), ensuring company-wide standardized processes, a culture of continuous improvement, process-centric behaviors, AkzoNobel values and required capabilities. The Operational Excellence Expert, Maintenance is part of the ALPS Deployment organization and will focus on Maintenance and Reliability. This position will work on process, method, tool and training design and will be part of deployment teams. Deployment requires frequent travel (estimated 75% of the time; mainly to Western and Northern Europe). In addition, this position will be the prime support for the European sites regarding maintenance execution.
- Participates in the design team of maintenance and reliability processes and methods. Does design work and aligns with team to ensure the overall package is complete in content and one package with one look and feel and one approach.
- Responsible for assessing the current state at site and developing and agreeing with site a deployment/improvement plan for the work processes, methods and tools.
- Responsible for managing (monitoring, reporting, communication, progress and metrics) the deployment of the maintenance work processes, tools and methods on the site according to the plan.
- Responsible for supporting, coaching and training the operational managers and employees on sites. This includes supporting them in the change process (change leadership). The site is accountable for implementing, the maintenance expert delivers expertise, motivates, energizes, guides, supports and challenges.
- Responsible for aligning with experts for other work streams in their team and feeding back valuable insights to the Operational Excellence Team Lead and Maintenance Lead.
December 31, 2099
ISC Center of Excellence
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Minimum of ten (10) years of extensive and hands-on experience in Maintenance management; deep knowledge of maintenance planning, scheduling and execution (including precision maintenance).
- In-depth knowledge of state of the art maintenance processes and tools (SAP-PM and preferably also SAP-MM).
- At least Bsc degree in Technology, Engineering or similar discipline
- Experience in continuous improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma or other continuous Improvement methodologies and tools
- Experience in implementing maintenance work processes and cultural change
- Proficient in SAP-PM
- Experienced in Process Safety Management
- (In-depth knowledge of ALPS processes and methodologies; part of training)
- Change mindset, energized by improving
- Passion for world class maintenance and showing that.
- Able to lead workshops and working groups
- Taking information from real life observations, eager to spend time on the shop-floor
- Good communication skills, from plant managers to line operators. Able to influence and get things done without having a line management relation.
- Seen by others as credible, trustworthy and an expert
- Focused on results; able to challenge.
- Good problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, run accurate analyses and synthesize recommendations
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)