United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Powder Coatings Business Unit is the largest global manufacturer of powder coatings—solvent-free paints applied to metal and other conductive surfaces—and a world leader in powder coatings technology. Interpon® is our Powder Coating's business' global brand, with a
wide manufacturing base. Our product and technology development capabilities are strong, and we possess manufacturing expertise in the areas of cost and speed.
Responsible for all production activities in the Powder Coatings Department. Manage the production schedule, staffing and material flow in the plant.
- Manage Production -- Managing production of one or more plants
- Provide direction – within the production teams in terms of how the teams contributions support and impact the customer
- Live the culture - Support site effort to create a culture of functional and operational excellence, continuous improvement, accountability, professionalism and commitment to company values and behaviors by implementing Departmental Objectives (DO) standard CoE processes.
- Lead Performance and Delivery -- Plan, lead, organize & control the delivery (ready to serve) of production’s contribution to sites objectives and overall performance (in terms of safety, reliability, productivity, service, cost, quality and material/eco-efficiency and community stewardship) and provide insights regarding developments based on analysis.
- Manage Hazards -- Look for and respond effectively to hazards in safety, health, security and environment, taking account of people, plant, and procedures and provide insights regarding developments based on analyses.
- Build organization - Be a role model in talent management through developing a strong talent bench for key positions in the production unit, enhancing talent development and engagement levels.
- Set example -- Walk the talk by living the AkzoNobel values and working across Functions and sites to drive the overall AN strategy for improved and leading performance for our stakeholders.
- Communicate strategy -- Ensure Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) strategy is cascaded to the production organization effectively
- As a member of the site management team, contribute to the formulation of site objectives from a production perspective and ensure site capabilities, constraints and HSE considerations are incorporated into the site plan.
- Lead an operational excellence agenda by coaching & teaching functional excellence in all areas while achieving sustainable improvement in the safety, reliability, productivity, quality and eco-efficiency of the production or plant operations.\
- Establish performance standards for production and lead continuous improvement.
- Implement (DO) AkzoNobel Leading Performance Systems and standard CoE processes for the department consistent with the agreed ISC functional excellence agenda.
- Develop individual team members and build a team which collectively is capable of and fully involved in achieving the task. Also establish and enforce minimum personal performance level within Production.
- Manage human resources, stimulate talent management and identify and select talents with growth potential
- Design, install and safely maintain assets
- Produce and effectively use materials and services
- Network with other production managers at site and inside AkzoNobel to develop knowledge, experience and leverage best practice
- Set strategic goals for the manufacture of Thermoset, Thermoplastic, and Bonded Metallic powder coatings.
- Directly Supervise Shift Supervisors and assist in tactical decisions for daily production.
- Overall responsibility for the Production Department
- Plan for smooth transition of resources between Large Lots, Small Lots, Bonded/Blended, and Thermoplastics departments.
- Lead process improvements in the plant and support process improvement initiatives from outside sources.
- Schedule and Execution of weekly production plan: including capacity, overtime and resource allocation.
- Evaluate Staffing needs for the plant and adjust as required. Set Strategic goals and for headcount and training, execute plans.
- Implement Performance Management: setting individual goals / TQLs, setting team goals and providing feedback to employees on status.
- Salary Adjustments for production department: review of direct reports, oversight of hourly reviews, calibration and compensation adjustments for the department.
- Lead Capital Projects: design, budget, procurement, manage contractors, HSE review, and completion.
- Design Equipment Layout needs for the plant, implement identified changes to improve operations.
- Ownership of department Training Program: Certifications on equipment, new hire process, cross training between departments.
- Execute safety programs in the plant.
- Assist ISO audits and ensure compliance with Standards
- Routine communication with Customer Service and Sales to meet customer requests and provide order status.
- Indirect Supervision of the Maintenance Department
- Function as back up for Plant Manager
- Participate and lead Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behavior are unsafe.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (Engineering or Chemistry preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years relevant managerial/supervisory experience in manufacturing industry required.
- Proactively ensure the production area adheres to AkzoNobel HSE Standards Directives, Policy & Responsibilities.
- Proactively ensure the production area adheres to National and State HSE regulations and standards.
- Proactivity ensure risks are managed and reduced through Behavioral Based Safety, Hazard Studies, Management of Change, and other site safety and emergency plans.
- Lead and coach the Production Department on the ALPS Continuous Improvement journey including technical problem solving, SPC, Lean 6 Sigma, 5s and ISO management systems.
- Knowledge and experience with NLRB policy, negotiations, and grievance processes.
- Working knowledge of key Financial concepts, World class maintenance KPI’s, budgeting, purchasing, and Integrated business planning.
- Experience in internal auditing to support and sustain change initiatives.
- Requires ability to create and communicate a compelling vision for the department.
- Demonstrates proven ability to deliver results.
- Demonstrates ability to translate strategies into clear action plans.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Requires effective time management and organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. SAP experience preferred.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).