United States, Oregon, Salem
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Assist production and maintenance with various tasks needed to keep products shipped timely, work areas clean and equipment clean while following all fill off and safety procedures.
· Must follow all established safety rules and procedures
- Must demonstrate integrity while performing duties as per company’s Code of Conduct
- Label containers for shipment
- Wash tanks
- General cleanup of plant area, sweeping, picking up trash, moving equipment, etc.
- Other duties related to manufacturing needs
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to read, comprehend and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
· Ability to pass forklift test and certify
· Ability to weigh and measure raw material accurately
· Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5 gallon pails up to 75lbs, 60lb bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 900lbs
· Must have effective interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
· Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
· Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
· Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
· Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
· Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
· Manufacturing experience
· Knowledge of coating, chemical industry / paints is an asset Ability to work rotating shifts
The physical demands described in the essential qualifications are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in the essential qualifications are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.