India, Madhya Pradesh,
Business unit: Decorative Paints South Asia & ME
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
1. Supervise the production & HSES to deliver agreed performance targets. Assess current capabilities and constraints, identify improvement opportunities, develop and apply techniques which cost effectively extends asset utilization / integrity to continually improve operations standard towards world class performance.
2. Manpower planning for exist production plan.
3. Manage the standard of manufacturing personnel to ensure that selection, induction, development and employee involvement processes are in line objectives.
4. To ensure that the workforce is trained and has the necessary skills to meet the job requirements. This would also involve managing the IR at site through interactions with the union.
5. Ensure full transparency of the true performance of the product realization processes of the site given its constraints and complexities to the business.
6. To ensure shop floor participation in all aspects of operation. Ensure full compliance to statutory requirements. Manage relationships with the regulatory, industrial, statutory and communities for smooth functioning of the site.
Functional Responsibilities/Network(kindly limit to a maximum of five)
0. Reports directly to : Production Manager
1. Direct Reportees: PA & other staff.
3. Regional Manufacturing resources.
- Job requires good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Job requires that the person have a good capacity to have a vision for the future development of the site.
- Oversees achieving of monthly production targets, HSES target, implementation of corporate policies, exercising HR and financial control of site.
- Focus on Zero incident & accident & safe working environment under HSES.
- Ensure monitoring systems are defined and HSE&S reporting is done in line with Audit Programs.
Functional Competencies (if known/defined, please include main functional competences required for the role)
0. Able to lead the development / deployment of the manpower, daily prd. Planning & site plans and associated performance indicators.
1. Extensive experience of managing and implementing upgraded asset performance and integrity.
2. Good working knowledge of core manufacturing and process technology with a track record of managing successful tasks / projects with a successful outcome for the business.
3. Working knowledge of the business processes for innovation and new product development.
4. Good knowledge of understanding of manufacturing excellence tools like 5S, HSES, World Class Manufacturing, Team work skill etc.
Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
August 24, 2018
Decorative Paints South Asia & ME
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Diploma, MSC, Bachelor of Technology in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering from reputed institutes.
Incumbent should be around 25 –30 years of age and should have approx 2-3 years of total work experience of which a major part should have been in handling manufacturing/production operations independently