India, Karnataka, Bangalore
Business unit: Industrial Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Knowledge of different coating systems
- Paint application processes used in automobile paint industry
- Knowledge of Long term paint properties & testing methods
- Should be a Team player
- University Degree or Paint Engg. with 3-5 years’ experience in paint industry of post – qualification
-- Understand the customer’s specifications and quality needs in order to introduce new products- new formulation development using appropriate Raw Materials.
- Quality Control of Finished Goods - Shade and performance of finished paints along with long term testings.
- Ensure that the Product specifications are maintained up to date. To liaise with the customers /sales team for any change in the specification.
- Ensure that all the products manufactured meets required specification and quality products are delivered to the customer.
- Ensuring Certificate of Analysis, batch panel, TDS, MSDS accompany each batch
- Maintaining all statutory/ standard documentation for ISO and TS audit requirements
- Product complaint handling (if any) at customer/applicator paint line. To co-ordinate with the all concerned on effective handling of customer complaints
- Documenting all deviations in production and taking corrective/ preventive actions
- To initiate action as per procedures for return of material from customer.
- To provide appropriate technical support to the customer.
- Comply with AN safety standards & policies.
• Coordinate with Sales, Production, & Purchase team.
• Create a positive and developing climate, with respect to HSE.
• Ensure completion of all relevant statutory documentation related to HSE inline with local laws.
Job Context(the Nature & Scope of the Business)
- India’s GDP is poised to grow at over 9%+ in the coming decade and this would mean a lot of business opportunity. India MPC (which closed at € 34mn) is poised to grow 3x times to € 100 mn by 2014. Addition of new talent would be one of the key activities for this business growth.
- Talent acquisition and talent retention would be the key challenges in the next 3-5 years.
- Compliance and HSE success would be important and BBS (& other initiatives) would have to be meticulously driven to achieve business results.
August 24, 2018
Full time/part time