Netherlands, Gelderland, Arnhem
Business unit: Finance Functions
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Bring advanced problem solving and improvement skills to a key global HR role
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe.
Our success is supported by an outstanding HR function that maximizes the potential of all our employees. To support its HR strategy AkzoNobel is currently implementing a brand new global HR solution, based on the SAP SuccessFactors platform. Within this context, your mission in this role is to act as an expert for all aspects of HR system improvement and training.
In doing so you become a valuable knowledge resource for one or more modules of SAP SuccessFactors including Employee Central, Onboarding, Workforce Planning, Recruiting, Performance & Goals, Succession & Development, Compensation, Learning and Workforce Analytics.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a highly analytical professional with powerful problem solving skills? Have you acquired a sound knowledge of, and valuable experience in, global HR processes and systems? Can you interact effectively with global stakeholders and build rewarding customer relationships while promoting and embodying our commitment to Continuous Improvement? Above all, could you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the position of
Global HR System Expert
The role and its responsibilities
This role is part of a newly established global HR Systems & Support team in AkzoNobel’s global HR shared services organization (GBS People Services) and can be either based in AkzoNobel’s corporate center (Amsterdam or Arnhem) or in one of the 5 regional GBS Service Delivery Centers in Warsaw (Poland), Pune (India), Suzhou (China), Sao Paulo (Brazil) or Nashville (USA).
You are responsible for a number of core activities:
- System Improvement: This is your main focus and you act as a real counterpart for the HR Centers of Expertise (CoEs) and regional People Services (PS) teams, supporting their process requirements, reporting on issues, identifying and suggesting system improvements and innovative solutions
In doing so you:
- Ensure the global alignment of all stakeholders;
- Increase efficiency and improve quality by standardizing, optimizing and automating global HR processes;
- Provide guidance and support on the use of the SuccessFactors functionality to this network;
- Deliver solutions for end user issues by providing expertise in a specific area;
- Represent the stakeholder community, advising them and other senior management on the function, configuration, customization and/or operation of the various HR systems.
Further, you research, design, document and modify software specifications throughout the product life cycle, and conduct detailed research of vendor technologies.
All of this requires you to prepare and present proposals for Change & Design Board meetings. You also provide project management support for HR Technology projects, take part in vendor performance meetings, and launch and monitor annual HR performance, talent and reward cycles.
You ensure that global standard processes, tools and documentation are maintained and adhered to. This requires you to co-develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. You also support the training of the stakeholder community on new processes/functionality, and train new system administrators.
At all times you observe the Security/Privacy regulations, ensuring completed formal registrations (e.g. Non-Disclosure Agreement) and warning when regulations are not met or when security issues arise.
You also maintain a high level of knowledge via the SuccessFactors training portal.
You maintain the required level of expertise and awareness regarding current trends in global HR systems. This is with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and the application of key technologies.
Further, you monitor trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, conferences and reading etc, you continuously increase your HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
As such, this is a role for candidates who thrive in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction. You should also have a natural ability for team collaboration and open communication.
September 29, 2018
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Post-Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer focused, technical support based role (preferably in HR, possibly IT);
- Extensive knowledge of cloud HCM tooling (for example Workday, SuccessFactors, Oracle);
- Pro-active and supportive, with good community building skills;
- Excellent Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft project skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentational skills, including a high standard of written and spoken English.
- Experience in project management and process improvement, preferably supported by formal qualifications such as PMI/Prince2 and Lean/SixSigma.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 180004A2 Please note that applications via mail will not be taken into consideration. If you have any questions, please Brigitte de Gier, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening might be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated