United States, Ohio, Strongsville
Business unit: Corporate Special Projects
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
To conduct and support polymer synthesis activities for Resins Technology projects. The key responsibility of this position is to design, synthesize, and test new polymers for successful adoption by New Product Development (NPD) teams for use in various high performance coatings applications, with the focus on can coatings and coil applications.
· Enjoy polymer synthesis and be handy with laboratory glassware and equipment;
· Have excellent understanding of structure-performance relationships in polymers for coatings;
· Be capable of testing and proactively developing new synthetic methodologies and new polymers;
· Be proficient with the calculations of polymer properties;
· Have solid understanding of modern polymer characterization methods;
· Have excellent communications skills and ability to collaborate with all business functions;
· Continuously keep abreast of relevant scientific and patent literature;
December 31, 2099
Corporate Special Projects
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
BS or MS degree with at least 5 years of polymer synthesis experience, or PhD in polymer science and at least 2 years of polymer synthesis experience.