United States, Ohio, Columbus
Business unit: RD Technical
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Purpose/Key Objective of the Position:
The Senior Technician will assist in completing color match Laboratory requests, producing standards, and maintaining the colorant dispersion Master Standard program as directed by the Color and Commercial Services Manager. Responsibilities will include matching and preparing color submission panels under the direct supervision, preparing and maintaining color standard panels for the Standards Department, and maintaining the colorant dispersion Master Standard program. These responsibilities will be completed using standard laboratory procedures to ensure that materials meet specifications and color quality is maintained throughout the supply chain. The individual will use visual and digital image analysis and have the ability to interpret color difference, understand color theory/colorimetry, and will need to become knowledgeable about pigment and color dispersion testing and specifications.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently when given clear and distinct instruction. The Senior Technician must be able to communicate clearly in both written and oral communications with internal and external customers and vendors, and keep accurate, detailed records. The individual will sustain a safe work environment by cleaning/maintaining laboratory and equipment including assistance in maintaining raw material and other laboratory materials stocked, and observing the company’s safety rules to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations.
The Senior Technician will need solid computer skills and will be working with a variety of applications and data bases.
1. Conform with all site and laboratory safety requirements and policies
2. Support lab work requests for both Color and Standards, as directed by the Commercial Services Manager
3. Provide technical assistance and support to Production, Sales, Marketing, as required.
4. Work with pigment and colorant suppliers as required by the Colorant dispersion Standards program.
E. Maintains detailed technical records, as required, in the form of a Standards History or computer database.
0. Support Laboratory 6 Sigma, 5S and Process management efforts when required
December 31, 2099
Support & Incremental Development
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
1. Basic formulating knowledge in coatings with hands-on color matching / color correction experience preferred but not mandatory.
2. Must be able to interface well with customers and be proficient in MS Office applications.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication is required