United States, ,
Business unit: Automotive & Specialty Coatings
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Our Vehicle Refinishes Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
Key Objectives of the Job:
The Strategic Sales Account Manager within the Strategic Sales Group will be responsible for relationship building, sales growth and the development of Strategic Accounts based in a given home Market. He or she will act as the single point of contact and will handle the responsibility for the implementation of account management plans for Strategic Accounts in their home market. The Strategic Account Manager will also maintain responsibility for the development and maintenance of OEM relationships throughout the market.
This is a remote position that can be based out of any major city ideally in Florida or Georgia.
- Manages business relationships with strategic accounts (customers and prospects) within the dedicated region.
- Works closely together with Marketing to perform continuous market research for in depth market knowledge of the value chain of the strategic account(s) within the dedicated region in context of possible further market penetration.
- Develop, in cooperation with Field Sales Management, qualified Strategic Accounts prospects and market plans for all Account segments. (Dealership groups, Distribution Partners, MSO Shops, Production Paint Shops, etc.)
- Ensures contract compliance and acts as the central point for communication to client of field activities and support issues
- Responsible for Progress and Review meetings with all Strategic Accounts including annual business plans
- Coordinates with other Strategic Account Managers the on going support and service of Accounts that span territories and Market boundaries
- Applies agreed sales strategies towards selected key prospects; negotiates terms and conditions of contracts.
- Plans, monitors, participates in and reports on execution of sales activities conducted with regard to designated customers.
- Assesses validity of the requested investment projects, prepares and submits relevant documentation for approvals.
- Promotes positive company image and develops long-term relations with assigned accounts by participating in customer events.
- Regularly calls on assigned existing and potential customers to maintain close contact with the marketplace.
- Cascades information to designated customers on features and benefits of available products/services.
- Identifies and follows up on significant business opportunities, pinpoints existing and/or potential problems and arranges for resolution.
- Delivers periodical business reviews and actively participates in development of business growth and sales support plans for designated customers.
- Assists in implementation of business solutions within area of services.
- Promotes selected network to potential work-providers such as insurance companies, fleet owners and other stakeholders in the value chain.
- Rolls-out business sales programs (including, sales process-related knowledge / tools).
- Regularly and pro-actively informs back-office (including, marketing, technical, logistics and finance) about required sales support level and coordinates actions towards assigned customers.
- Systematically up-dates customers’ databases with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Provides information to customer service regarding customers’ needs with regard to marketing tools, services and analyzes.
- Arranges for and monitors quality of technical support provided by the technical unit in handling complex customers’ inquiries and in resolution of complaints.
- Responsible for follow up and communication with Strategic Sales Group team members including activities, needs and support issues of all Accounts within his/her Market.
- Base goal is to develop 20% of Market sales in Strategic Accounts
- Maintains responsibility for developing and maintaining industry relationships with key segments of the collision repair and automotive industries.
- Provide educational forums on industry trends, regulations and technologies by monitoring associations, governmental data, and industry activities.
- Insure that the company and management have comprehensive understanding of factors influencing the industry.
- Make industry presentations that promote the company’s products and services.
December 31, 2099
Automotive & Specialty Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience; advanced degree highly desired
- Minimum 7-10 years in commercial sales job function, prior coatings, or chemical materials experience a plus
- Prior sales experience in the coatings, vehicle refinish, automotive, collision or auto body shop. Experience working with distributors and mega dealers is a plus.
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver sales results within a diverse and challenging business climate.
- Prior success meeting and/or exceeding sales / business development goals.
- Experience working on complex and sophisticated contracts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at customer accounts and internal management.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture.
- Must be able to fly on commercial aircraft to customer locations; up to 75% of the time.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Proven orientation toward a Hunter Sales mentatility
- Solid communications skills; Writing, IT presentations, public speaking and one to one negotiations
- Strong project management skills
As a leading paint and coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)