China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Business unit: Finance Functions
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Support and execute in an accurate and timely way the required ongoing, monthly, quarterly, and annual tax related activities for the entities VAT registered in the region.
- Manage AkzoNobel’s tax compliance including the preparation and filing of tax returns (including VAT/GST/sales tax returns and other local transactions related filings )
- Obtain monthly tax reports from AkzoNobel’s accounting third party provider (or retrieve such reports from the ERP system) and execute the (locally) required quality checks and reconciliations
- Resolve any issues and/or variances identified in the quality and reconciliation process.
- Monitor compliance of tax (e.g. 0% tax, export documentation requirements)
- Manage Tax Audits
- Upon receipt of an audit notification advise management and ATD. Completing an audit will be a collaborate effort with RAC and ATD
- Provide data as requested by the auditor which includes a.o. sales and purchase information, copies of tax filing, charts of accounts and trial balances
- Collaborate with various departments to obtain the information needed to answer information data requests from the auditors
- Advisory role for the business operations included (CSD / purchasing advise on VAT / Sales tax subjects)
- Assist in tax preferential treatment application (such as consumption tax exemption, VAT refund, etc.), including preparing relevant information and forms, dealing with tax authority’s request, etc.
- Legislative Changes
- Advise and monitor tax settings in the ERP systems due to changes in legislation.
- Monitor tax settings in the vendor, customer and material master data
- Review and communicate relevant tax law updates from third party sources to keep abreast of any changes that might impact AkzoNobel
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- T ax accounting professional with preferably 3-4 years of experience in an tax accounting role, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Adequate knowledge in tax matters and SAP
- Advance user of Microsoft Excel
- Autonomous in organizing responsibilities and work
- Ability to work under severe time pressure during peak filing periods and continuously retain ‘an eye’ for the details
- Adequate communication skills