Netherlands, Gelderland, Arnhem
Business unit: Human Resources
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
As a Manager HR Operations Netherlands & Germany (based in Arnhem) within AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals it’s your responsibility to lead the HR Operations processes in a very dynamic, demanding and fastpaced environment. Your challenge is to lead and implement major changes (including topics such as implementing new software solutions and transforming the current payroll process) within HR Operations and bring it to the next level, creating a culture of efficiency optimization, collaboration and continuous improvements whilst working in a dynamic day to day operations environment.
• Develop the HR Operations roadmap to align with our global HR Operation strategy, proactively connecting with HR Business Partners (HRBP’s), Centers of Expertise (COE’s), Business and other internal stakeholders to address organizational and HR Operation challenges, provide end-to-end solutions to enhance overall performance level, employee/manager experience & engagement.
• Lead the HR Operations delivery and continuous improvements for high quality, efficiency and compliance. Maintaining a strong focus on high-performance culture based on the understanding of the needs of employees and managers, while sharing the insights and feedback with COE’s and HRBP’s to influence their initiatives for impact.
• Drive continual productivity in process standardization, simplification and automation, identify gaps and improvement opportunities, validate and improve HR Operations maturity.
• Collaborate with Global HR operations team, COE’s, HRBP’s and other key stakeholders to develop end-to-end solutions to address complex business needs.
• Develop HR Operations team capability and competency, facilitate know-how and best practice sharing to ensure cycle of continuous improvement achieved, support team member growth, work environment satisfaction, and talents’ retention.
• Proactively connect with external market best practices and internal business needs to seek for the value-added servicing opportunities and new technology/digitalization to enable HR Operation team transformation.
About the department
HR Operations Netherlands & Germany in Arnhem and Köln is the Shared Service Center for HR related services within AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals. The approximately 20 dedicated professionals are responsible for the execution of administrative HR processes and have a pro-active advising role to employees, managers and HR colleagues like HR Business Partners and Talent Resourcing. The department incorporates responsibilities such as first line contact, process from hire to retire and the monthly payroll.
September 30, 2018
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Job requirements/candidate profile
• Bachelor degree or above in Management, Human Resources or related field.
• 10+ years HR Operation/HR Shared Services management experience in MNC, specialized expertise in HR Operation transformation & projects is preferred.
• Fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English
• Demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and drive to resolution, ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action with a positive outlook.
• Proven trackrecord in design and implementing analytical applications to support a service operation’s needs.
• Team leader and cross-team coach experience, strong interpersonal & influencing skills, ability to effectively manage process change and highly engaging in continuous improvement.
• Mature stakeholder management, customer experience, building productive partnerships within matrix organization.
What can AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 30 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
For further information, please contact Sandra Ekelenkamp, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88-010 6789, option 3. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the bottom of this page and apply.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.