Saudi Arabia, ,
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
The Technical manager will be managing a team of senior chemists and chemists, is accountable for implementation of technical standards as per respective BU guidelines / directives to ensure product supplied in the region is fully compliant to all specification aspects. This position ensures that the development of products is carried out in timely and compliant manner and product is successfully introduced into the factory. Technical manager also works closely with technical service teams to resolve issues related products at customer sites/ lines, helps sales and technical service teams with product specifications and is expected to run critical line trials, meet customers, meet suppliers, work closely with production, and purchasing departments.
Main tasks and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with central, regional technical, sales and marketing teams on product introductions, value engineering opportunities.
- Prioritization based on business needs and regular communication to all stake holders are essential for this is role.
- Domestication of global products in the region
Technical manager is also accountable for:
- Over all H&S of laboratories, technical staff
- Formulation management
- Audit compliance in technical areas
- Product stewardship compliance
- Formulating improvement plans
- Introduction of new raw materials
- Maintaining laboratory equipment to the agreed standards
- Managing P&DDs and developing training plan
- Working with supply chain and contributing to OWC and SLOB reduction
- Closely working with sales, marketing, demand, purchasing teams to manage the range complexity
- Participating in site hazard studies
- Supporting QC, factory with RFT improvements
October 17, 2018
Integrated Supply Chain
Support & Incremental Development
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
The successful candidate should have a degree in paint technology or post graduate / graduate in a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry. Ideally has 10 years of work experience, 2-3 of which in the similar role in coatings industry. Ideally previous experience in a similar role with coating manufacturing companies. Experience in Marine, protective coatings, Coil, packaging coatings will be an advantage.