United States, Illinois, Waukegan
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
This position will be required to learn all basic and advanced tasks in one area of the Warehouse and a minimum of basic tasks within all other Warehouse areas. Warehouse areas include: Picking, Loading, Receiving and Pre-Batch. The Picking function is responsible for picking orders to supply the packaging lines. The receiving function is responsible receipt and processing of incoming materials along with control of the physical inventory. The loading function is responsible for the control of the physical inventory, packaging and preparing for product shipments. The Pre-Batch function is the weighing and staging of materials sent to the plant and the return to warehouse of materials sent from the plant.
· Picking of delivery orders for outbound shipments
· Staging process orders in pre-batch
· Unloading trucks and tankers in Receiving and completing SAP transactions
· Loading trucks and containers for outbound shipments
· Maintain inventory accuracy by completing SAP transactions thoroughly and in a timely fashion
· Actively maintain 5S standards
· Cycle count of finished goods and raw materials
· Pack orders when necessary
· The employee must be able to resolve inventory discrepancies.
· Position involves working with chemicals and powders
· Unload tankers in cold, hot, snowy, and/or rainy weather
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
· Be able to lift up to 55 pounds
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Capable of wearing breathing apparatus (respirator)
· Detail oriented for accuracy in counts and documentation
· Capable of demonstrating competency in both the process and the movement of materials