United States, South Carolina, Lancaster
Business unit: RD Technical
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Paints and Coatings Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
- Conduct laboratory study and analysis on a range of substances and proprietary products.
- Usually performs as staff consultant relative to a scientific or technical specialty.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed experimental approaches, techniques, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
- As an individual researcher, carries out complex or new assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- May be assisted by other Research and Development labs.
- Independently conceives, plans, and conducts research which could have considerable influence on scientific knowledge or technological developments.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others; as project leader, reviews results of project team overall, as well as individual members.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including common area and personal work areas.
- Perform laboratory evaluations to assist in the development of new films, coatings, and adhesive formulations.
- Conduct lab work in developing new paint film structures and products
- Operate test equipment used to evaluate product functionality and performance in support of development efforts.
- Help chemist with coating trials on lab coaters and production coaters and laminators.
- Document/communicate laboratory results clearly and concisely via use of laboratory notebooks, reports, presentations, etc.
- Effectively use all available resources (computer, library, and other departments) to accomplish objectives.
As a leading coatings and paints company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- B.S. degree in a science major (Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Engineering) with at least 5-7 years of experience in the R&D environment in the field of casting film developments
- M.S degree in Chemistry or Chemical engineering is preferred
- Familiar with various film fabrications and applications in the automotive industry
- Experiences in the IMR film development desired
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and writing skills