United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: RD Technical
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Support Performance Coatings NA to ensure that the business operates product regulatory and stewardship systems that are consistent with regulatory demands and customer needs especially related to FIFRA compliance support for Marine and Yacht.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
- FIFRA support for the Performance Coatings North America business.
- Assist in the collection of information necessary to file FIFRA registrations.
- Maintain FIFRA records and serve as resource on the FIFRA status of raw materials used by Performance Coatings.
- Submit new product registrations to EPA and State Government agencies in a timely and organized fashion
- Submit fees and renewals to EPA and State Government agencies in a timely and organized fashion
- Assist in the response to EPA data call-ins
- Stays abreast of key stewardship activities especially related to FIFRA that impact the Performance Coatings business.
- Create legally compliant safety data sheets and labelling for products manufactured within NA in compliance with AN standards, national and international legislation as appropriate.- Stays abreast of key stewardship activities especially related to FIFRA that impact the Performance Coatings business.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related Health Sciences preferred
- 1-3+ years of relevant industrial, government or university experience
- Knowledge of Product Safety, Environmental and Occupational Health laws and regulations
- Ability to prepare, expedite and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Organized and detail-oriented is key to this position
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer. AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).