United States, Illinois, Waukegan
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
As a key player in the S&OP process, the Demand Analyst uses statistical forecasting techniques to create baseline forecasts, highlight gaps against target budget, and measures accuracy of the forecasts.
Creation of baselines volume forecasts over a 48 month horizon
· Analyzing and cleaning historical sales data to identify trends and seasonality
· Understanding statistical forecasting techniques to select better ways to improve baseline projections
· Implement analysis in Excel database to create forecasts efficiently and effectively
· Provide forecasts to commercial teams for discussion
· Actively participate and support the transition of demand planning into sales culture
· Understand business demand drivers to define and overlay assumptions on the base forecast
· Include the impact of product portfolio changes
· Partner with finance to ensure volume and value projections are discussed
· Evaluate and articulate the risks and opportunities in the consensus forecast
· Highlight gaps against target and plan for discussion demand review
S&OP process support
· Consolidating the forecasts for demand pack preparation and presentation
· Finalizing forecast and submitting to Supply Chain
Measurement and evaluation
· Understand and explain the key forecast measuring and control mechanisms
· Implement monitoring, creating quantitative measures to demonstrate improvement over time.
· Actively seek out best practice, internally in Akzo Nobel and externally to make demand planning more efficient and effective
· Creation and implementation of robust forecasting process
· Implementation of forecasting tools and techniques
· Delivery of accurate demand plan
· Perceived value added with stakeholders
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Bachelors degree preferably in Logistics Management/Business Administration
· Proven ability to collect, compile, analyze and present statistical data and concepts to a broad, cross-functional audience.
· Proficiency with IT systems (SAP, Excel, Access)
· Strong analytical skills and orientation to detail
· Good command of oral and written English
· Customer focused and good understanding of commercial processes.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a proactive and flexible capacity.
· Proven problem solving ability and experience
· Well developed communication skills and able to communicate at all levels in the organization.
· 2+ years in a Demand/Planning/Statistical role
· Experience in working within a planning and/or commercial function