China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- Strategy and policy: Develop policies and objectives and roadmap for the two sites and contribute to the development of the strategy on a level higher.
- Develop, implement and maintain a site HSE&S program, which compliance with corporate & statutory requirements to ensure the highest level of HSE&S performance & license to operation.
- Year plan/budget: Create site HSE&S related financial & continuous improvement plan and manage the site HSE&S activities to ensure a high performance whilst agreed budgets are achieved.
- Lead the site SAQ and PSM improvements annually, take the ownership on assigned elements. Develop the site HSE improvement plan base on the internal & external audit/assessment and lead the implementation to continually improve the site HSE operations.
- Supporting site organization development and promote people safety. Buildup and promote the site HSE culture, improve people general HSE awareness, transfer the site HSE implementation from “Push” to “Pull”.
- Knowledge and information management to keep the site IP property to be well kept and not be disclosed.
- Devise and optimize the site emergency response plan including periodic practices to ensure the plans are effective.
- As the site security manager, lead the site security team to protect the site people, company assets & site properties, handle the site emergency, protect the company reputations.
- Co-ordinate internal and external HSE&S audits and ensure that post audit actions are taken to achieve compliance; work out yearly SIP & monitor the implementation accordingly.
- Administer and manage the site system for recording & reporting the site HSE&S activities & HSE&S related KPIs to demonstrate compliance with statutory and corporate requirements. To be the main coordinator of the site for the site ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 application and compliance.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure external contractors involved in the site activities are under proper supervision & compliance with company HSE&S requirements.
- Ensure all incidents are reported, root-causes investigated where is necessary & follow up actions are properly completed
- Participate in recruitment of HSE&S staff, establish HSE&S department & staff objectives, carrying out regular assessments and work reviews as required.
- Fully compliance on the company financial policy and Code of Conduct Policy
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Health, Safety & Environment
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor degree or above in chemistry, safety engineering & environment or equivalent
- 7 years or above HSE&S experience, familiar with ISO14001 system
- 3 years of MNC or JV management working experience in relevant field
- Strong knowledge and rich experiences on Process Safety control, Risk identification & analysis, excellent capability on MOC, PTW and other risk assessment and control methodology.
- Good knowledge on industrial hygiene and OHH.
- Good in logical thinking & root-cause investigation skills
- Fluency in English written & spoken.
- Familiar with local legislations and regulations
- Good communication skills & leadership