Netherlands, South Holland, Rotterdam
Business unit: AN Specialty Chemicals
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Execute procurement excellence and spend-down at “your” site in close cooperation with site stakeholders, NPR Procurement and the market.
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals (AN SC) provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes worldwide. Thus we serve high profile customers in sectors including paints, detergents, foods, plastics, cosmetics, construction, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, electronics, agro and oilfield applications. AN SC has € 5 bln revenue, 9.500 employees, five business lines, and 67 manufacturing sites.
Our NPR Procurement organization is committed to the highest standards of NPR (non-product related) Procurement and aims to deliver best-in-class services that support AN SC’s strategic objectives by continuously improving our NPR spend-down program. In order to achieve this we are strengthening and centralizing NPR Procurement to better leverage its commercial buying power, increase procurement involvement in CapEx projects, and better fit our current and future business needs.
For our Chemicals site in Rotterdam we are searching for a:
NPR Tactical Site Buyer
You will join a 150-employee Global NPR organization. The Department offers a working environment full of real opportunities for professional development as we enhance our specialization at operational and strategic levels. As such, this role demands the motivation necessary to deliver results that will underscore the strong impact of procurement on the company’s strategy.
The role and its responsibilities
- As the NPR Tactical Site Buyer you secure deliveries of material and services to the sites, offices and labs within the regions in accordance with supplier agreements;
- Manage local site negotiations and contracts in alignment with regional category managers to secure supply and optimized total cost of ownership solutions;
- Work closely with local and regional stakeholders and act as a strong link between the sites and the category managers to identify needs and opportunities to reduce cost and improve procurement processes at the sites;
- Actively work with risk assessment and mitigation to improve supply reliability in collaboration with stakeholders and be the main point of contact for stakeholders at the sites;
- Support category managers and drive implementation of supplier agreements at the sites working closely with local stakeholders to build and secure alignment;
- Lead multiple CapEx Projects below <1M EUR in accordance with the supplier management strategy provided by the regional category managers.
- Secure deliveries of service and products to all local sites in region in accordance with signed contracts;
- Be the first escalation point of contact for operational issues for sites (late deliveries, quality issues, inadequate performance etc.);
- Drive efficiency and actively seek to optimize the procurement processes in accordance with the ALPS source processes;
- Manage supplier risk by proactively monitoring changes within the supplier base or at the sites;
- Support with RFQs for purchase orders for the sites in the region with assigned suppliers;
- Support the procurement admin team to resolve issues with invoices, incorrect pricing or other contractual discrepancies;
- Contribute in the development of sourcing strategies and the deployment of those at the sites;
- Support category manager with project, contracts and supplier implementations;
- Support site POs in compliance with existing contracts and commercial terms;
- Lead and manage local negotiations in alignment with category managers.
September 28, 2018
AN Specialty Chemicals
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent business experience;
- Minimum 3 years (5 years preferred) experience of working on an international procurement organization;
- Good negotiating skills and ability to engage and collaborate across sites;
- Capability of working in a cross-functional and in a complex environment with different businesses and stakeholders;
- Technical understanding within the relevant fields and ability to assess critical requirements related to different sourcing scenarios;
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both internally and externally;
- Requires strong interpersonal, organizational, written & oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize between different tasks and reach deadlines;
- Full proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
For further information, please contact Mark van Gaal, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)636035596. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the vacancy section of www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 180004M1 or use the ‘apply’ link.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the application process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated