United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
Ensures that production is carried out as effective and efficient as possible, in accordance with
quality, HSE and other established procedures and standards.
- Ensures production is carried out according to production planning and ensures production priorities are being followed.
- Ensures all site safety rules are strictly followed to that no injuries occur and looks for root cause for all incidents and near misses.
- Ensures all process quality checks are being performed in accordance with established procedures.
- Accounts for proper allocation of man hours.
- Communicates targets and continuously measures and communicates status against these targets.
- Monitors the technical state of installations and take appropriate actions to resolve issues together with Maintenance and Engineering department.
- Resolves short term quality issues together with Quality department, initiate structural problem solving of quality issues.
- Works with the Quality Department to determine new ways to ensure high quality products.
- Works with CI and Shift Supervisors to implement (lean) tools to improve production efficiency, reduce costs and reduce waste.
- Inputs on CI/ ALPS projects and takes action to support (new) management initiatives.
- Coaches Team Leaders for performing their roles, amongst others to lead daily effective team meetings and ensure daily situational problem solving.
- Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards.
- Inspires commitment to AkzoNobel’s purpose, vision, strategy, core principles, values and leadership behaviors.
- Acts as an ambassador and creates an open environment in which the team as a whole and its members individually can perform at their best.
- Stimulates, manages and follows through on employee engagement and builds on the workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business (D&I).
- Ensures that job profiles are in place, sets objectives for team members, reviews development and provides clear, open and constructive feedback on performance combined with the appropriate actions.
- Strengthens the talent pipeline by developing talent and regularly assesses and discusses talent and internal movement. Continuously monitors and evaluates retention risk.
- Ensures reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE and Compliance regulations.
- Manages and plans relevant budgets and proactively manages costs.
- Reports on progress on a continuous base.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in Engineering preferred.
- 2 years manufacturing operations experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company, AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).