Business unit: Global Business Services
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
- The Indirect Procurement Manager is responsible for setting up and delivering a new Category Management NPR structure that contributes to the AkzoNobel company objective for 200m global spend reduction by the year 2020.
- The role is directing category managers to ensure that the year on year targets are achieved by continuously developing cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- The role encompasses strong pro-active category management offering strong cost reductions / value improvement programs on full end to end processes, driving change and changing behavior to meet company objectives
- This is a regional role, covering all regional entities/countries in Paints and Coatings NPR spend.
- Acts as liaison across functional peers, as well as external suppliers
- This position requires an individual with a strong background in procurement category management, excellent people manager, enjoys working in a high pressure rapidly changing environment and the ability to deliver significant sustainable business results and drive cultural change.
- Useful volumes in relation to the process:
- 212 million Euros NPR spend
- Combined savings for all NPR Spend Categories both Global and Regional of
- 200m by 2020
- Developing overall vision, strategy, and objectives to build up Center of Excellence for AkzoNobel Indirect Sourcing in co-operation with the NPR Global Management team
- Developing a high-performing team with the appropriate skills, knowledge, and strength to drive functional excellence and deliver on the long-term needs of the business
- Developing and leading implementation of category procurement strategies for assigned indirect procurement categories;
- Setting high standards for the organization for ethics, professionalism and driving compliance
- Translating business strategies, challenges, and opportunities into Sourcing opportunities (business acumen, innovation, thought leader)
- Developing strategic relationships with key regional suppliers and engage them in strategic supplier management for value creation and innovation within the NWE region;· Identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders to increase engagement (measurable) and develop and deliver a robust procurement initiatives pipeline;
- Drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the Indirect Procurement team and departments in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary to meet the 200m Euro target by 2020;
- Oversee contracts in close collaboration with Category managers to fulfil the needs of= the business through the use of standard processes like SSM and performance management tools
- Promote importance of procurement across the organization and best practice
- Pro-actively enable and ensure transparency of spend and drive for an optimization of efficiency (procedures and cost) in collaboration with business functions and related stakeholders
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of marketplace, benchmarks, and industry best practices for assigned categories
- Coaching the buying team on the use of standard sourcing processes, category management, engaging low cost country suppliers, risk mitigation, and supplier relationship management;
- Providing leadership for multiple managers, which includes driving the performance management, talent planning, and compensation processes
- Supporting/Leading the buying teams during the selection and management of outsourcing activities
- Working with the buying team to evaluate the external market and develops strategies to mitigate risk and create competitive advantage
- Working in international (global) environment with different time zone / Countries. Able to manage multiple stakeholders in different levels of the organization (Global and regional Finance and Procurement, plus FSSC and BPO), where objective needs to be aligned across stakeholders to realize overall company targets.
- Manage a substantial spend of 884 million in the most efficient and optimal way to be able to produce year on year spend reduction and innovation leading to better service offerings
February 10, 2019
Global Business Services
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- MSc, MBA or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 10-12 years in an international purchasing or commercial role;
- Fluency in English is mandatory, both written and spoken; any other language is a plus.
- Extensive people management experience;
- Procurement accreditations (e.g. CPM/APICS) desirable;
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise procurement systems
- Demonstrated skills and experience with high value purchasing and contract negotiations across a diverse range of commodities and service in the Source to Contract process;
- In-depth knowledge of variety of procurement implementation approaches (e.g. RFX, eauction) Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Six Sigma is a plus;
- Project management experience and change management would be advantageous;
- Excellent communicator with different management layers in different functions (Finance, Procurement, IM) and in different parts of the company (BU, GBS and BPO);
- Thinker and Do’er: understand the big picture & integration points; take personal accountability and ownership of tasks and deliver results;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and influential skills
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and all geographic regions
- Quick learner; absorbs information and concepts quickly.
Recruitment code: 5