Business unit: RD Technical
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
To manage the Performance Coatings Business R&D and Training functions to support the business strategy for maximizing growth and profitability.
- To design and develop new innovative products and suitably re-engineer existing one so that initiative and momentum for market leadership is maintained and maximize profitability in line with business objectives.
- To provide technical training to local and overseas customers on proper use of products to promote company’s competitiveness and generate customer’s loyalty.
- To provide technical service to Customers to resolve complaints in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- To provide process and technical support to production to minimize production problems and enhance productivity.
- Has ability to drive competitive advantage over competition through superior recipe development and process innovation to enhance business profitability.
- To advise Purchase and Planning on suitable alternates for short and long term requirements ensuring product quality whilst driving cost effectiveness to manage profitability.
- To keep abreast with latest technical developments regionally and globally in paint technology so as to offer up to date technical and development services to Marketing, Sales and Customers.
- To develop and train staff to maximize their effectiveness and ensure that they are trained and motivated in their jobs.
- Accountable for design, development, improvement and formulating new innovative products and modification in the existing products to achieve preference over all the leading competitors in the market.
- To understand customer needs and convert them into opportunities visa formulation optimization of existing products to achieve high quality standards and maximize cost effectiveness in order to increase market share and profitability.
- To ensure the compliance to product stewardship guidelines.
September 25, 2018
Research, Development & Innovation
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Masters in Chemistry from a reputed institute
- R&D professional with 10+ years hands-on experience of Product Development, Quality Assurance, Process, bodyshop market, repair shop process, refinish advance paint technology (water base), application experience & technical Services in coatings industry with at least 4 years of experience in automotive industry with excellent development track record and technical management skills
- Has knowledge of international testing standards and be instrumental to use and have command on modern analytical techniques.
- Ideal candidate must be a good team player.
- Operating knowledge of Lotus Notes Database, Microsoft Office and relevant SAP modules.
- Has knowledge of applicable HSE procedures, laboratory operations and ensures the compliance