Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Business unit: Decorative Paints South Asia & ME
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
- To ensure board meetings/general meetings are conducted efficiently and minutes recorded appropriately; ensure compliance with the company law and other regulatory bodies. Provide effective support and advice to the business and limit the exposure of the company on the legal front. Key contact with share registrar, SECP, stock exchanges and shareholders.
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure that the Company complies with all applicable legal and statutory requirements.
- Monitoring changes in Company Law, Code of Corporate Governance and other regulatory changes and ensuring that appropriate actions have been taken by the Company for compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with the listing requirements and other enactment of Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensuring that all required legal and statutory requirements have been complied with in case of any changes to company structure approved by the Board.
- Ensuring that Board Meeting or any other statutory meeting has been properly convened in accordance with regulatory and best practice guidance and minutes of such meeting have been circulated on time and followed up.
- Managing relationship with shareholders and outsourced Registrar department.
- Ensuring good working relationship with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and Stock exchanges in the country.
- Remain first point of contact for routine legal matters faced by the Company including contracts, advice and coordinating with external and ME legal Counsel.
September 25, 2018
Decorative Paints South Asia & ME
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- LL.B / LLM graduate / Chartered Accountant
- Work experience minimum of 3-5 years in a prestigious law firm and/or multi-national company.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent Verbal & Written English Communication skills