United States, Ohio, Strongsville
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
*Please note: this is a contract position and you will be payrolled through our 3rd party staffing agency.
The primary challenge in this position is to plan and execute a daily and weekly maintenance plan so as to assist production and other departments to function smoothly while maintaining the required level of safety and productivity. The whole process requires a good understanding of the various processes in the plant and their interdependence. Planning should be done so as to minimize the machine/equipment down time, reduce the expenses and increase efficiency. This position requires a person with strong character, discipline, attention to details and focus.
1. Lead, participate and contribute in all Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & IRS reporting, Auditing, Housekeeping, 5S etc.)
2. Manage overall maintenance operations.
This includes (but not limited to):
- Work with other departments under plant operations to achieve common goals.
- Ensure that all safety and other good work practices and procedures are followed to minimize risk.
- Perform the duties of a SRE( Site Responsible Engineer) with direction from outside engineering and site management, whose responsibilities include the following:
- Install a system to ensure that, engineering responsibilities, appointments and requirements for compliance with standard, is assigned in writing in local procedures.
- Ensure that a formal review procedure carried out by a competent person is applied to those items identified as critical equipment.
- Define the planned and preventative maintenance schedules. All critical equipment should be registered, periodically inspected, and any protective systems tested within a prescribed period.
- Make sure that any modifications or re-rating of critical equipment, or its protective systems, should be subjected to a formal review procedure as part of the MOC procedure.
- Work on capital projects. Includes all stages—acquiring quotes, selecting vendors/contractors, project implementation and project turnover to the responsible department with HSE&S approval.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with 7 years Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment (Chemical Plant, a plus)
- Must have good mechanical and electrical skills
- Must understand the interdependency of maintenance and production teams to effectively plan and schedule maintenance work
- Must have the ability to effectively organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, customers and representatives from external organizations
- Knowledge of PLC, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and welding MIG/TIG is a plus