China, Jiangsu, Suzhou
Business unit: Global Business Services
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Tax Specialist serves as local point of contacts in a regional model, e.g. with tax authorities for tax audits, filings, signatures, etc. This role must be able to access local management & ERP systems, maintain knowledge of applying laws and regulations and have the ability to access the impact on the local organization, maintain language skills and build back up capacity. The main responsibilities of dedicated Tax Specialist in the region include the followings tasks:
- Corporate income tax: Prepare tax return and approve payments, perform risk & opportunity assessment and maintain knowledge.
- Tax accounting: ATD will define standard packages and consolidate tax positions, the regional centers will handle non routine items, perform close and true ups and define projections per country & Legal Entity and perform statutory reporting.
- Transfer Pricing: Regional adoption and BU adoption, prepare local files and segmentation sheet, data collection for TP and filing TP documentation as part of the stats. Some of these activities may need BU focus. ATD will drive policy setting, cost sharing calculations and Cost sharing audit.
- Tax Audit: Receive notification and consult with ATD, coordinate data collection, lead and conclude tax audit.
- Indirect tax: monitor rules and regulations and provide advice to accounting specialists and business; prepare and review coding, and prepare, review and approve returns.
- Withholding tax: Prepare and review submission of filing and review reconciliation periodically (risk based); Maintain knowledge and initiate changes in master data and procedures.
December 31, 2099
Global Business Services
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Tax accounting professional with preferably 3-4 years of experience in tax accounting role, and additional 3-4 years of experiences in P2P, O2C or T&E. Alternatively Accounting professional with preferably 2-3 years of experience in an R2R accounting role, and additional 3-4 years of experiences in P2P, O2C or T&E
- Capable of analyzing complex processes and issues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Adequate knowledge in tax matters and SAP
- Advance user of Microsoft Excel
- Autonomous in organizing responsibilities and work
- Ability to work under severe time pressure during peak filing periods and continuously retain ‘an eye’ for the details
- Adequate communication skills