China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
- Manage a small team of product formulators in producing rapid prototypes of new technologies and product ideas to demonstrate technical feasibility. Through these prototypes transfer technically feasible projects to the main product formulating groups
- Support the development of China’s innovation strategy and plan and maintain close links with the marketing team to ensure continued alignment of the technical innovations programmes.
- Set project specifications and manage the interaction between China and global expertise groups to ensure technologies and products are being developed to meet the region’s needs. Critically, ensuring timely delivery of objectives, meeting targeted costs and good technical support in terms of potential product claims.
- Actively engage with suppliers and 3rd party organizations to develop relationships and technical programmes that give AN first mover advantage in the exploitation of new and emerging products and technologies from external sources.
- To actively engage with marketing to ensure a full and proper commercial evaluation is completed of all new opportunities.
- Provide the link between China BU and the rest of the Deco and wider AN to translate technologies and product ideas into China.
- Ensure new technology and product platforms are fully compliant with PS/SSHE policies as part of the technology evaluation process
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- The position requires Master and above in Chemistry, Applied chemistry or strong technical related background, Phd is preferred.
- Have in-depth knowledge of paints related industry, and sound experience of lab management for at least 8 years working experience and 5 years management working experience, working experience includes new product development process and production process technology and experiment design etc
- Has a proven track record of managing/leading technical team in multi-national & cross-functional environment.
- Be skilled in English and be capable to interact with senior colleagues across the globe with ease
- Has strong commercial sense to be able to translate technology into commercial benefits