United States, Texas, Houston
Business unit: Marine & Protective Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
We’re a leading supplier of performance coatings with strong product technologies and brands. Our high-quality products are used by customers across the world to protect and enhance everything from ships, cars, aircraft, yachts and architectural components (structural steel, building products, flooring) to consumer goods (mobile devices, appliances, beverage cans, furniture) and oil and gas facilities. Major brands include Awlgrip, International, Interpon and Sikkens.
A Customer Service Representative is the interface between AkzoNobel and the customer. A team member is expected to own an order from start to finish and be able to escalate concerns as required. Responsibilities will include order management and fulfilment, customer and sales relationship management, sourcing materials to fulfil demand, coordination of internal resources, and health/safety/sustainability.
- Order Management
- Order receipt, entry and confirmation
- Maximize On Time and In Full delivery
- Customer and Sales Relationship Management
- Communication with Sales Team and customer when required
- Sources Materials to Fulfill Demand
- Read site inventory levels to fulfill orders
- Read supply scheduling plan to maximize communication and planning
- Enters complaints and follows up on recertification of inventory
- Coordination of Internal Resources
- Working with resources to ensure fulfillment of orders and resolution of issues
- Health, Safety and Sustainability
- Active in all forms of HSE reporting
- Proactive in all forms of Sustainability
- Behavior in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Performs in accordance with the Core Values.
December 31, 2099
Marine & Protective Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Qualified candidates must possess one of the following:
- Associates Degree in a Business related field
- 4 years experience in a similar customer service or business related field
- Currently pursuing an Associates degree with 2 years experience in a similar customer service or business related field.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).