United States, North Carolina, High Point
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is
improved by what we do.
Conducts experiments to improve upon various materials and substances or to duplicate performance properties. Effective and timely completion of requests to support ongoing growth or commercial activity. Ensure formulations are robust and suitable for manufacture.
- Conducts approved laboratory procedures to accomplish project goals.
- Designs experiments to characterize the chemical and physical properties of materials.
- Conducts experiments to improve upon various materials and substances or to duplicate perfomnace properties.
- Interprets requests, specifications, and performance and compliance issues and applies them to lab work assignments in a complete and accurate manner.
- Engages in research to develop new methods of processing or production.
- Records results and write reports for management review.
- Analyzes findings and compile reports regarding procedures and results.
- Runs pilot tests for product improvement or development.
- Communicates project progress to process and work owners.
- Adjusts work procedures to meet the management team’s requirements.
- Cooperates with peers and management with respect to lab work assignments and field problems.
- Recommends measures to improve product development methods, product support, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of labor saving techniques to increase lab efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists co-workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains accurate and complete lab workbook, formula, and lab worksheet records.
- Enters accurate and complete formula information into the computer system as required by company policies.
- Maintains the assigned work area(s) in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Performs laboratory analyses on a wide range of products and materials.
- Performs domestic travel as needed.
- Follow all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- A Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or a related field is required.
- A Masters degree in science field is preferred.
- 2-5 years of Industrial experience required.
As a leading coatings and paints company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security
of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.