United States, Ohio, Huron
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
AkzoNobel Huron is a resin manufacturing delivering coatings primarily to the food and beverage industries. The site operates 24 hours
a day, 5 days a week, plus some weekends as needed.
- Assists Engineering in maintaining and upgrading all process control systems; includes modifying programming, working with contractor resources, and maintaining equipment dossiers
- Responsible for meeting all requirements specified in engineering procedures related to electrical safety, critical instrument protective systems, and programmable electronic systems.
- Assists the department in meeting all requirements of the electrical and instrumentation sections of Process Safety Management.
- Assists mechanics with electrical troubleshooting; Performs PM’s on Electrical and Instrumentation systems
- Ability to install, configure, test, and troubleshoot:
- Control devices, pressure-sensing units, and flow measuring devices.
- Allen Bradley PLC’s, ABB Controllers
- motor control systems
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- A High School Degree or equivalent is required
- 5 years’ experience with industrial manufacturing process control systems required
- Technical degree or certification in electrical/electronics preferred.
- Must have experience with programming and trouble-shooting DCS/PLC logic in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to identify problems with the process control systems to make repairs in-house or obtain the necessary outside help to correct the problem.
- Experience with ABB systems is desired
- Proven experience using electrical troubleshooting tools, as well as PCs for connecting to and communicating with DCS
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings of plant equipment, electric single lines, and ladder logic diagrams
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Position will require ability to perform confined space entry, work at heights, lifting, climbing and manual labor.
- Basic PC skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
The position will primarily work on 1st shift, although cycling to off-shifts and weekends will be required as needed. The technician has daily formal and informal contact with the Maintenance Supervisor regarding the status of the site’s process control systems.
As a leading coatings and paints company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.