United States, Pennsylvania, Reading
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel Powder Coatings –has an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Service Representative. Primary responsibility is to provide technical support and training on the use and application of company products, services, and equipment. This role travels approximately 75% of the time, both local and overnight to Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, PA, NY, KY and Toronto. Company car provided
Provide technical service as directed by the Technical Service Manager in such cases as:
· Line Audits at major targets and customers
· Plant start-ups with Interpon Powder Coatings
· Cost Reduction Programs
· Inventory and up-keep of technical service equipment
· Accurate record keeping of all technical activities
· Major trouble shooting at assigned targets and customers
· Tasks assigned by the Technical Service Manager
· Promotes the quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and procedures.
· Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
· Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
· Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
· Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School diploma, Bachelor degree preferred and/or equivalent technical experience
- Strong technical background in equipment and plant operations, preferably in powder and/or liquid coatings
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to travel upwards of 50% of time and work a flexible work schedule
- Solid communications skills; Writing, presentations, public speaking
- Strong project management skills and self-starter
- Ability to problem solve and come up with quick solutions, continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills - communicate effectively with all customer levels (management, production, purchasing personnel, engineering, product users, and internally at all levels)
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)