United States, Ohio, Columbus
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Coordinates and manages all engineering projects, concerning all the machines, utilities and buildings. The Engineering Manager has overall responsibility for site maintenance and engineering activity, to include all safety, quality, continuous process improvement efforts, and execution of capital projects and Site Responsible Engineer. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager will be the Maintenance Supervisor, and indirectly will be all shifts Maintenance Mechanics and the Lead. This facility has been categorized as a large high hazard facility.
- Responsible for overall site engineering and maintenance activity ensuring that customer orders are shipped on time and products conform to established customer and company quality standards
- Champion the Process Safety Management Program and ensure compliance with OSHA and AkzoNobel standards.
- Assure that assets are utilized and maintained properly to maximize shareholder value.
- Analyze equipment reliability and implement action plans to reduce and eliminate failures,
- Evaluate and execute continuous process improvements and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Responsible for the selection, training, development and motivation of all maintenance and engineering personnel using such tools as the Performance & Development Dialog processes
- Directs the activities of planning, implementing, and maintaining the maintenance policies and procedures for proper training, safety, health and plant protection to provide an adequate efficient work force at all times.
- Directs the execution of Capital Investments Projects, coordinating the activities with the HSE&S, Quality, and Production Departments. Budget Euro 2.15m
- Responsible for ne gotiation with subcontractors and suppliers on contract, pricing and terms and optimizes activities performed by them.
- Ensures compliance with all HSE&S procedures and regulations.
- Engages the team by providing good communication and fostering excellent team spirit.
- Interacts with the team to identify key projects to improve operations for safety, service, quality or costs.
- Collects all the needs from the different operational managers regarding investments and engineering.
- Assists in defining needs by bringing technical expertise and by formalizing the strategic elements of the project. Supports the site departments in their investment request applications.
- Ensures that all the AkzoNobel directives (Process Safety Management) and local regulations are applied and met until respective projects are handed over.
- Manages projects to optimize, costs, planning, quality and safety, and leads vendor selection.
- Joins regional team to lead multi-sites projects and to exchange best practices.
- Stays informed about, amongst others, relevant technology, company news and current SHE standards, and takes action if necessary. Identifies what the pertinent information is to use.
- Contributes to site (process) improvements and contributes to CI / ALPS projects.
- Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Ability to lead, motivate, select, train, and instruct personnel with passion and optimism.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of engineering process and equipment capabilities
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making skills, sound judgment and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to manage Capital Projects from design stage to full implementation
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications