Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
**Please note this is an outside sale opportunity. The successful candidate will be home-based. Due to territory constraint we can accept candidates withing the GTA area, Central/Northern Ontario.
The Account Representative is the front line sales person responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability target within the assigned sales area by acquiring new business and maintaining existing customers. For this role, the Account Representative will be supporting our Vehicle Refinishes business unit and support automotive body shops, dealership and distributors with our Sikkens brand products.
- Manage a portfolio of customers, in a designated area, to execute sales plan.
- Screen customer base for new opportunities, generates leads and maintains pipeline.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and, where necessary, the need of remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Manage sales support activities in designated area.
- Identifies, targets and implements the approved sales strategies in the assigned marketplace.
- Coordinates own visit schedule with the assigned Technical Representative.
- Plans, executes and report on the sales activities in the assigned sales area.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
- Delivers periodical reports and proactively submits recommendations regarding the improvements in the approach to the marketplace.
- Proactively informs the upper management about the required sales support level and cooperates in and coordinates the implementation of the defined activity.
- Systematically updates CRM with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field. - 2-5 years of experience in sales, technical service or customer service.
- Technical knowledge or experience within the vehicle refinishing industry.
- Strong command of the english language both written and verbal.
- Computer literate: ability to use the MS Office suite and systems such as ERP and CRM.
- Proven ability to convince and influence people.
- Reliable, self starter, result oriented.
- Thrive on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel for work approximately 25% of the time.