Netherlands, South Holland, Sassenheim
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Coatings R&D Interns
Our R&D teams focus on developing new technologies to grow and innovate our coating businesses throughout the world. We support well respected brands like Dulux, Sikkens, Hammerite, Cuprinol, and Xyladecor.
We develop technologies for DIY and professional products, mainly applied on wood or metal substrates, with applications ranging from exterior and interior wood protection (cladding, doors and window frames, garden fences, interior furniture and floors) to corrosion protection in the automotive and aerospace industries.
Research topics offer a wide variety of topics, including polymer chemistry, physical chemistry, material science, formulation and rheology.
The internships can last from 6 to 12 months, and starting dates and topics are flexible, and will depend on the team where the internship takes place and available projects
What could the job involve?
- Work on specific research projects for new technologies and/or products in the field of wood or metal coatings
- Work in the lab on formulation and testing of coating products
- Develop scientific insights to understand coating and substrate propertie
- Have the opportunity to design, execute and present your own project
- Work within an international project organization in multi-disciplinary teams
What do we offer?
- A hands-on learning experience in the field of paint and coatings
- An international working environment which is globally oriented
- An experience in one of the leading R&D laboratory in coatings
- The possibility to write your Bachelor/Master thesis based on your research
- An internship allowance of up to 700 €/month, depending on education level
- An accommodation allowance, depending on individual situations
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
What are our requirements?
- On-going study to get a Bachelor / Master degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Polymer Chemistry / Material science / Formulation
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Curiosity to learn all about our coatings and ways of protecting wood/metal
- Affinity for research work on new technologies
- Interest in lab work, paint formulations and other aspects of coatings
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player in the laboratory
Are you curious for this exciting opportunity within our company?
- Please always include your dates of availability and the expected duration of the internship
- We only consider applicants registered at a European university for the whole internship duration
Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the vacancy section on www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 180005Y2 or use the ‘apply’ link.