United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
To improve cash-flow, facilitate sales growth, diminish days of arrear, minimize bad debts, drive and monitor efficiency and productivity throughout the O2C process.
- Being a valued business partner to AkzoNobel BU by delivering standardized, objective, cost effective, efficient, solid and strong Credit Management to facilitate their business growth ambitions.
- Sharing best Credit Management practices within AkzoNobel.
- Collections management, effectively prioritize the collection of the portfolio to ensure timely and professional collection of aged overdue balances.
- Dispute management, manage the handling and turn-around-time of disputes that prevent invoices or customer balance from being paid
- To provide consistent and qualitative information on overdue balances and other (structural) issue impacting collection efficiency.
- Customer Master Data maintenance, making sure that gaps and errors are escalated and corrected.
- Inform management of collections and credit issues & work closely with internal BU's-Customer Service, Sales and Infosys teams to resolve credit and billing issues.
- Pro-actively inform management of issues that will impact the top line or bottom line performance.
Execution of Activities
- Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of the policies and procedures dictated by Credit Control management when it relates to credit risk evaluation, collection, exposure control and provision bad debt.
- Control payment terms for new & existing customers (ensuring days outstanding do not exceed industry average).
- Obtain Credit approval from Credit Manager for new/renewal if all credit exposure is in excess of EUR 250,000.
- Prioritize cash collection activities daily and execute on it by phoning and emailing overdue customers.
- Escalate disputes to the right department and or person
- Drive timely resolution of escalated disputes
- Developing measures to improve overdue accounts.
- Advise MDM team of discovered (future) changes in customer master data
December 31, 2099
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- 5+ years finance and/or Credit Controller experience.
- Experience with working in matrix organization.
- Working within a multicultural environment.
- Experience in AkzoNobel O2C tools (e.g. SAP, FSCM, MFGpro, EBS).
- Experience of working as business partner with management.
- Experience in execution of standard processes.
- Able to set priorities and work independently.
- Full order to cash end to end process knowledge and experience.
- Business knowledge.
- Language skills (English essential).
- Experience in sales/customer focused commercial role.
- English - spoken and written.
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills.
- Commercial focus and balanced decision making..
- Degree level or equivalent (experience).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.