Poland, Mazovia Province, Warsaw
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The Regional Accounting Centre delivers accounting and reporting services and expertizes for the businesses that it serves. The team executes activities that require the use of specific accounting systems (e.g. in SAP/HFM and other ERP systems/applications) using the accounting rules (IFRS), mainly in the area of record-to-report.
The team works in close cooperation with the business, finance BPO provider Infosys and or others GBS Regional SSCs. The R2R Expert Team member is
- Responsible for IFRS specific accounting areas in the region (e.g. inventory, intercompany, treasury, GL, legal, legacy, fixed assets and pension accounting)
- Responsible for the accounting for one or more legal entities in the regions including
- Translates IFRS/webFEM policy to MIAC administration and Local GAAP
- Advices on complex matters or questions related to the IFRS subject
- Support and execute in an accurate and timely way the required ongoing, monthly, quarterly, and annual IFRS / accounting related activities for the entities in the region
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate processes and controls and drive continuous improvement
- Key expert for the region and part of the global IFRS expert network
- Responsible for the accounting for one or more legal entities in the regions including.
- Inter Company Accounting (report/review and solve IC mismatches).
- Analyze Balance Sheet (BS), Profit & Loss (P&L) figures and variances.
- Review and potentially adjust reports (A-Forms) in HFM.
- Assure that month end closing deadlines are met.
- Focus on Balance Sheet and P&L for (group of) LEs (company codes), execute high level review and answer specific expertise questions during month and month-end closing.
- Translates IFRS/webFEM policy to MIAC administration and Local GAAP.
- Drive that changes in policies with reference to IFRS are reflected and embedded (e.g. training / SOP / policy / communications) in the processes.
- Makes sure governance structure is applied; monitor adherence to internal control requirements.
- Daily interaction with GBS (Shared Services) organization.
- Advise on complex matters or questions related to the IFRS subject.
- Drive standardization across BUs in the region and guards the integrity and quality of the delivered accounting in the specific accounting area.
- Contribute to projects that require IFRS expertise and have an impact on accounting (e.g. SAP rollout, integration of legal entities).
December 31, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Accounting professional with 5+ years of experiences in accounting with specific deep expertise in IFRS areas, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues (2nd or 3rd accounting job).
- Master degree in Economics or Accounting / Chartered Accountant.
- Preferably having working experience in one or multiple business units / SMUs.
- Drive standardization across BUs in the region and guards the integrity and quality of the delivered accounting in the specific area.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work and delegate work (in accordance with operations teamlead) under severe time pressure during month-end closures and continuously retain ‘an eye’ for the details.
- Able to plan, coordinate and assign IFRS work to analysts (in accordance with operations teamlead).
- Good understanding on the taxes, VAT, tax declarations, statistical reporting to the tax authorities etc.
Recruitment code: 4