Canada, Ontario, Winnipeg
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The Account Manager achieves assigned territory budget and business plan by “hunting” for new business and “farming” existing Customers/Distributor by assisting them reach higher levels of profitability through the effective application of Akzo Nobel solutions. Grow volume in the territory (geographically) through long-term relationships.
- Coordinates the involvement of the Technical Consultant and Services Consultant in his territory and coordinates other departmental involvements when necessary.
- Has professional understanding of the features and benefits of all technical and Services and is able to effectively communicate them to customers and prospects.
- Continually develops relationships with customers to promote and ensure high levels of satisfaction and retention, using the MAP process to top customers
- Evaluates customer issues and develops plans for resolution by providing the correct procedure and or team resource. Coordinates appropriate team and internal resources and external services to satisfy customer needs.
- Educates customers “through his team” on technical requirements of Akzo Nobel CR paint product lines and IT products.
- Responsible for the timely, accurate and consistent customer data/contact input into Management Reporting programs (CRM)
- Delivers Semi annual business reviews (GTMM) and assists in the development of business, marketing and growth plans for all Distribution points. Understands body shop & Distributors operations and financials.
- Manages paint & non-paint profitability through the engagement process.
- Completes all required reports on a timely basis.
- Manages expense budgets, company assets and diagnostic equipment so as to maximize the use of company resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- High School diploma
- Post secondary education in sales or marketing is an asset.
- 3 years experience in sales
- Knowledge of the vehicle refinishing market or automotive paint is an asset.