United States, Ohio, Columbus
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels. With a regional headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, AkzoNobel’s North America operation includes 3,500 employees at more than 30 manufacturing sites, technology labs and business offices. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Industrial Coatings (ICO) is made up of Metal and Wood Coatings serving the consumer goods and buildings and infrastructure industries. Our objective is to work together to deliver best in class customer service, make ICO a safe and inspiring place to work, drive leadership in innovation and be the industry leader in color and digital platforms that help us serve our customers.
Metal Coatings: The business is a leading supplier of coil and extrusion coatings used in metal construction, appliance and automotive components and a major supplier of advanced packaging coatings and inks.
- Coil & Extrusion coatings is a market leader and enjoys a strong relationship with top-tiered customers. Coil coatings provides beautiful topcoats, durable surfaces, innovative applications, green benefits, and cost savings to manufacturers of items made of metal including doors, windows, appliances, roofing.
The Account Manager - Coil Coatings position manages business relationships with strategic accounts (customers and prospects), this position will support in our MidWest Territory and ideally be home based from the Columus OH area.
- Works closely together with Marketing to perform continuous market research for in depth market knowledge of the value chain of the strategic account(s) within the dedicated region in context of possible further market penetration.
- Maintains professional relationships with strategic accounts within the dedicated region.
- Applies agreed sales strategies towards selected key prospects; negotiates terms and conditions of contracts.
- Manages relationships with existing strategic customers and mobilizes mutual profitability growth.
- Plans, monitors, participates in and reports on execution of sales activities conducted with regard to designated customers.
- Assesses validity of the requested investment projects, prepares and submits relevant documentation for approvals.
- Promotes positive company image and develops long-term relations with assigned accounts by participating in customer events.
- Regularly calls on assigned existing and potential customers to maintain close contact with the marketplace.
- Cascades information to designated customers on features and benefits of available products/services.
- Identifies and follows up on significant business opportunities, pinpoints existing and/or potential problems and arranges for resolution.
- Delivers periodical business reviews and actively participates in development of business growth and sales support plans for designated customers.
- Assists in implementation of solutions within area of services.
- Promotes selected network to potential work-providers such as insurance companies, fleet owners and other stakeholders in the value chain.
- Rolls-out sales programs (including, sales process-related knowledge / tools).
- Regularly and pro-actively informs back-office (including, marketing, technical, logistics and finance) about required sales support level and coordinates actions towards assigned customers.
- Systematically up-dates customers’ databases with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Provides information to customer service regarding customers’ needs with regard to marketing tools, services and analyze
- Arranges for and monitors quality of technical support provided by the technical unit in handling complex customers’ inquiries and in resolution of complaints.
- Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Minimum of 2-5 years Coatings or Industrial Metals experience in commercial job function. Prior coatings, or chemical materials experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree or additional relevant work experience will be considered
- Ability to travel over 50% of time and work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
- Solid communications skills; Writing, IT presentations, public speaking and one to one negotiations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - communicate effectively with all customer levels (business owners, purchasing personnel, engineering, product users, and internally at all levels).
- Home based position, MidWest Territory. Ideally home based from the Columbus OH area.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)