Sweden, Skåne, Malmö
Business unit: Corporate Communications
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
AkzoNobel is looking for a skilled and experienced Communications Manager who has successfully worked in a complex, global environment. As a Communications Manager for AkzoNobel Nordics you will be responsible for leading effective external and internal communications plans across the Nordic region, driving the reputation of the company, supporting business objectives and engaging employees.
You will be a key member of the Europe, Middle East & Africa communications team.
As a Communications Manager, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a communication plan for the region aligned to the global communications strategy to support the businesses in the region.
- Ensure that communications’ strategies and activities are in support of the AkzoNobel brand position, values and business strategy.
- Work with the global teams in the function to execute key global campaigns in the region.
- Build strong working relationship across all of AkzoNobel’s businesses and provide communications support for AkzoNobel business units.
- Air traffic control all communications activity across the region to ensure consistency, alignment and effective allocation of resources.
- Identify opportunities and risks that can benefit or harm AkzoNobel’s reputation and develop and drive related activities and communication plans.
- Provide insight and regular feedback to the Head of Communications North West Europe as a key member of the Europe, Middle East & Africa communications team.
- Build and expand strong networks with external / internal stakeholders.
- Implement communication tactics to inform, educate and engage all employees to understand and act upon AkzoNobel’s purpose, strategy, and values.
- Execute social media strategies and tactics in line with AkzoNobel guidelines.
- Manage local execution and budget.
March 10, 2019
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
We are looking for you who has the following background:
- An experienced hands-on communications manager that acts as a trusted advisor to senior executives.
- A clear track record of execution to drive business results.
- Extensive global internal and external communications experience.
- Experience of executing social media plans to build brand reputation and engage audiences effectively.
- Understands the link between communications, public affairs and marketing and is able to work collaboratively across disciplines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business or similar studies is required.
To be successful in this position you are an analytical person who is open to change and new ideas. You have the ability to set the direction, lead effectively and to drive important decisions in a big global organization. To have an impact and drive change you need to be informative, convincing and have the capability to communicate with influence.
This is a position on full time basis based in Malmö, where you will report to Head of Communication Manager, North & West Europe. Please apply via our online recruitment system by uploading a job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact:
For Unions related questions, please contact:
Unionen: Jörgen Dahlgren +46 708 35 52 49
Akademiker: Johan Vihlborg +46708 83 56 37
Ledarna: Boris Parezanovic +46 708 35 52 55
Elisabet Haraldsdottir, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone number +46 703 50 17 99.
If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: TalentResourcing.SE@akzonobel.com.
We are looking forward to your application!
More about the business
Akzo Nobel Decorative Coatings with the brands Nordsjö, Sadolin, Cuprinol, Pinotex and Hammerite develops, manufactures, distributes and sells paint, lacquer and filler products to professional painters and consumers. We are a Nordic organization with head office at our site in Sege/Malmö.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.