United States, Tennessee, Nashville
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The Regional Category Manager, Workforce Enterprise Solutions will lead the company’s sourcing activities for Workforce & Enterprise Services (Car Fleet, IT, 3rd Party Labor, Professional Services, Travel) with a main objective to significantly reduce cost, while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels. - Collaborate heavily with key business stakeholders and sourcing support specialist to deliver the 15% ROS objective by 2020, which is the most critical financial indicator linked to the mid-term success of the company.
- Assume NPR spend category responsibility for all entities/countries across Paints and Coatings coordinating and collaborating with the Regions
- Proactively drive cost and margin improvement, process improvement (TCO) and innovation
- Manages the supply base and stakeholder network on a regional level and works closely together with the relevant stakeholders within the BAs
- Actively drive cost down programs beyond procurement savings to the stakeholders e.g. demand reduction, change of specifications, value engineering and behavior changes
- Create and maintain an Workforce & Enterprise Services procurement strategy and contract compliance aligned to global and regional needs
- Manage (directly or indirectly) cross-functional teams for the development and execution of all aspects of category strategies within region.
- Manage the competitive sourcing process related to contract pricing, terms and conditions, service levels and governance
- Conduct strategic sourcing activities to identify and develop new suppliers in the region to drive cost reduction and build strong and trusted relationships
- Evaluate production processes and analyze supply chain optimization potentials
- Navigate and analyze complex data to identify and present opportunities to stakeholders for decision making;
- Actively seek and lead regional opportunities to drive savings and deliver business results for the organization through various forms of leveraging, bidding, sourcing, negotiating and implementing of complex regional supplier contract
- Establish and present business cases supporting sourcing recommendations
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance with delivery, quality, and cost
- Manage and leads strategic supplier relationships and performance improvements through regular supplier meetings, business review as detailed in the contract governance.
- Develop strong relationship and build trust with key stakeholders in businesses to understand business needs and to establish and strengthen regional category strategies.
- The role will have to lead decisions on identifying opportunities for cost savings for their related spend category
- Routinely develop deep market understanding and benchmarking for the industry including using analysis from 3rd parties
- Drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends
- Decide and sign-off on projects that will aid in cost optimization from both the internal and external side;
- Ensure that performance KPI’s are a correct representation for measuring the supplier performance
December 31, 2099
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Degree in Business Administration (BA) or equivalent (MBA preferred)
- At least, 10 years experience in an international purchasing or commercial role in a matrix organization
- Strong background in procurement category management and proven track record in supplier and contract management
- A Strong leader who can deliver significant sustainable business results and drive cultural change and who is able to drive category strategies and develop pricing models
- Experience in managing stakeholders, building strong relationships in a complex matrix organization and across multiple geographical locations and regions.
- Project management and change management experience are essential
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and influential skills
- Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Six Sigma is a plus;
- Procurement accreditations (e.g. CPM/APICS) is desirable;
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proficient in English; Spanish is preferred as well
As a leading coatings company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.