United Kingdom, ,
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Industrial IT Infrastructure Specialist
Hours of Work: Shifts (Flexibility Required)
Closing Date: 22/2/19
Reporting to the IT Stack Manager the Industrial IT Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the plant Industrial IT technology; Firewall, Network Infrastructure, Servers, Storage and associated automation assets. They will demonstrate adherence to corporate Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Guidelines and deliver industry best practice, developing and deploying processes aimed at maximizing systems availability and plant up time. They will apply IT good practice to the Industrial Control Systems of the plant managing the full lifecycle and ensuring demonstrable governance.
· Accountable for Specialist & Technical support of the site ICS assets.
· Management of Suppliers of external technical resources and coordinate with plant personnel.
· Manage work load of ongoing maintenance activities.
· Ensure security and integrity of ICS Assets to ensure optimal availability.
Key Generic Competencies
· Good communication skills with all stakeholders.
· Ability to influence internal and external parties
· Good organizational skills.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify opportunities and solutions.
· Able to stay calm under pressure and deliver technical resolution to issues in a robust and timely manner.
· Technical Subject Matter Expert in Infrastructure Technologies in an Industrial IT Environment.
· Ability to balance the long-term (or “big-picture”) and short term implications of individual decisions
· Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards
· Fluent in written and spoken English
Experience / Education
· Extensive experience in a Technical IT related role, with a broad knowledge of IT architecture, IT security, (technology) platforms and Systems management processes.
· Experience of supporting industrial IT infrastructure within a manufacturing environment.
· Solid background of support and management of Virtual Infrastructures, SQL Server Clusters and SAN Storage.
· Good working knowledge of Network Topologies, Firewalls and Network management in an Industrial IT (Factory) Environment.
· Experience of Data Centre environment management.
· Practical experience of Business Continuity Planning and Disaster recovery testing
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply online using one of the links below:
February 22, 2019
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time