United States, Michigan, Pontiac
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Provides testing of raw materials, production batches, and finished products by using standard procedures to meet internal and external specifications under direct supervision.
- Instructs hourly employees regarding batch hits, determines correct types and amounts of adjustments by utilizing batch histories and/or laboratory strikes to meet Quality Assurance specifications.
- Maintains technical information by retaining accurate records.
- Maintains Gauge Verification/Calibration procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment by cleaning and maintaining laboratory and equipment and observing company's safety rules to ensure compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Promotes the current quality system through adhering to the elements and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual and procedures. This position also has the responsibility and authority to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field one year of paint testing is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Also requires extensive stooping and bending.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Candidate must be able to work in a manufacturing & laboratory environment and be capable of wearing an air purifying respirator. To wear a respirator per OSHA regulations, candidate must pass medical evaluation and fit testing to qualify as a respirator user.