China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Business unit: Paints and Coatings
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
- Provides guidance and feedback on price positioning and final price proposals by including value pricing aspects by customer segment.
- Monitoring and analysis and understanding of customer value drivers.
- Establishing a coherent and logical price structure fully compatible with customer segment.
- Tail end products are actively managed.
- Monitors implementation of correct prices and terms to safeguard margin targets. Reports deviation to Regional Marketing Manager and BU Marketing & Pricing Excellence Manager and proposes improvements.
- Supports, prepares and conducts regional margin management and pricing (win room) workshops
- Makes price and margin calculation for local promotions.
- Provides input for optimal price proposals: competitor, terms and product mix
- Validates if new customer is in line with current customers on terms, product mix and competitors.
- Facilitates in the monthly Regional Integrated Business Planning cycles and supports by providing price increase and promotions data.
- Specialist in execution of margin management and pricing acceleration tools.
- Addresses inconsistencies in customer classification and product classification data. Cooperates with Market Intelligence/Strategy Specialist on providing Business Intelligence.
- On request, executes various volume, value and margin calculations
- Provides input on product specific terms.
- Coordinates progress on action plans for margin improvement and price increases with sales and the Business Consultants in the regions by monitoring and reporting on progress.
- Collects information on market pricing, sales terms and market pricing practice and makes market pricing comparison per segment/region/country as relevant
- Supports action plans for margin improvement and translates them into regional and local plans (e.g. by segment, brand, product, customer).
- Executes and conducts (bi-) annual product portfolio complexity reduction and review sessions together with Marketing and other relevant stakeholders in the business
- Be familiar with all applicable corporate and site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE standards and always in compliance with all applicable regulations
December 31, 2099
Paints and Coatings
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Essential educational qualifications, relevant experience and requested skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business/Finance/Economics
- Preferably 5+ year experience in a commercial environment
- Ideally experience in 1 or more area(s) of marketing and/or sales
- Some work experience in a sales/tech service role is an advantage