United States, Michigan, Pontiac
Business unit: Integrated Supply Chain
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities(kindly limit to a maximum of eight)
- Provides color matching of automotive coatings by using standard laboratory procedures to ensure that materials meet specifications with minimal supervision so that color quality is maintained in the market.
- Visual and digital Image analysis; able to recognize pigment and effect characteristics under microscope, spectrophotometer and spray guns. Ability to interpret color difference, color theory/colorimetry, properties of pigments
- Provides assistance to co-workers in investigating and resolving color problems.
- Maintains technical information by preparing required reports and maintaining records to document and retain information.
- Maintain a safe work environment by cleaning/maintaining laboratory and equipment including assistance in maintaining raw material and other laboratory materials stocked, and observing the company’s safety rules to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Schedule, plan, conduct, and supervise color development, customer support, and product testing activities using established and innovative techniques, approaches, and materials.
- Provides technical assistance and support to Production, Sales, and Marketing, as required in support of product scale-up, quality control, application testing, and other cross functional activities.
- Maintains detailed technical records, as required, in the form of a Laboratory Notebook or Computer Database. Provides progress reports, monthly reports, technical plans, project summaries and other internal and external correspondence in a timely manner to ensure appropriate communication of project status and needs.
- Maintain and develop professional contacts including company personnel, vendors, and customers.
- Promotes safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Performs additional duties as required.
December 31, 2099
Integrated Supply Chain
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Coatings or in a related scientific field is required
- Two (2) years experience is required.
- Candidates must have basic formulating knowledge in coatings with hands-on color matching / approval experience.
- Must be able to interface well with customers and be proficient in MS Office Applications and X-rite, BYK Mac.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is required.