Poland, Mazovia Province, Warsaw
Business unit: Finance, IM and GBS
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
The main purpose of your activities is to develop, build, and support the agreed reports. Phase 1 of the reports will be in Microsoft Excel.
- Analyze the data available within the harmonized data repository and determine the quality of data that is already in place and figure out what is missing.
- In case data is missing or data is not correct, proactively identify the missing pieces and collaborate on fixing it.
- Analyze the finance business requirements and expectations towards desired reporting and visualizations.
- Design static reports based on the established reporting standards.
- Generate static reports with the agreed frequency delivering them on time towards defined end users.
- Develop reports (Phase 1) within Microsoft Excel by applying where needed (advanced) VBA programming.
- Help the end users to understand the reports.
- Take care of providing the end users with the proper access rights to the information they may and should access.
- Handle requests from business to improve and modify the existing reports and dashboards.
- Handle requests from business to develop new reports.
- The results of your work will be will allow AkzoNobel Finance colleagues to better understand what has happened in past, monitor what is happening now (and how we as organization can respond to this), and be able to analyze possible future scenarios.
July 14, 2019
Finance, IM and GBS
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Master’s degree in informatics, computer science, finance, (applied) mathematics, econometrics, or any other technology related field.
- An advanced user/programmer in Excel/VBA solutions with a proven experience of 2+ years of experience in building reports and interpreting data by means of static reports.
- There are almost no secrets in Excel/VBA for you.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite (SQL/Access/etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in other BI-related solutions is required, like Spotfire, Tableau, etc. is preferred.
- Strong ‘can-do’ mentality and ‘drive’ to accomplish tasks.
- Experience in Finance environment(s) is a preferred.
- Structured, precise, and accurate in work.
- Being a result-oriented team-player able to manage own time to meet the deadlines.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Being a proactive person, willing to learn and develop yourself.
- Highly self-driven, result-oriented and motivated with strong ‘can-do’ mentality to accomplish business goals.
Recruitment code: 4-5